It’s no secret. People love to open beautifully wrapped gifts! When a gift is just as thoughtful on the outside as it is on the inside it can bring so much more joy. With just a few simple steps, you can learn how to perfect your own gift-wrapping skills.
You will need:
- Wrapping paper
- Sticky tape
Follow these easy steps:
1. Lay your paper out.
2. Work out how much paper you will need and cut your paper along a straight line.
Tip: Don’t let the paper on the sides be taller than the height of your gift, you will have less excess later.
3. Turn your gift upside down and tightly wrap the bottom half of the paper over the box at the midpoint. Grab a small piece of sticky tape and stick the paper in place.
4. Firmly wrap the top half of the paper around your box.
5. Fold over any cut edge to make it neat.
6. Affix a small amount of sticky tape where the wrapping paper meets.
7. For the sides, fold down the paper with the split first.
8. Create a neat triangle at either side.
9. Fold the remaining paper over the triangle point.
10. Repeat on the other side.
11. Place the ribbon on the side you want the bow to be.
12. Pull round the back and cross over the two ends.
13. Wrap both sides around the box and bring round to the front.
14. Tie a bow, tucking the string under the original piece of ribbon.
15. For a nice touch, curl the ribbon with the edge of your scissors.
Now that your gift wrapping is all sorted, find the perfect personalised gift at www.my1styears.com